Saturday, June 30, 2012

LookBook: Summer Wedding

I'm pretty sure at least some of you have been invited to a wedding this summer. 

OMG! 

1. What do you wear? 
2. How do I dress not to outshine the bride?
3. What if it's several weddings? 
Here's my easy to follow guide to a wedding guest look that anyone can pull of, look young + hip + appropriate. 

Colorblocking has been one of the hottest trends this year. 


I feel like pulling off this trend can become a little overwhelming in a single piece, 



let alone putting differently colored pieces together. 


But if you learn how to work with colorblocking, it can become your biggest friend. The easiest way to put together an outfit using this technique, to my mind, is:

1. Choose a pretty simple dress (neutral color or subtle metallic sheen, maybe a little geometrical detail)
2. Let your accessories be your color blocks.
3. The colors do not have to match or even belong to the same color family, the more variety - the better.

THAT'S IT!

For a completely new outfit, just use the same dress with different accessories or a different dress with the same accessories. I don't think it could get any easier. I have put together a couple of looks together to give you a general idea, but do play around, have fun and make it your own!


Look 2.

Look 3.

Last wisdom... I would refrain from wearing white to a wedding unless it is the official color of the event (as in getting more and more popular Black & White weddings) or black - it's not a celebratory color in my book.

Did you attempt coloblocking already?
How do you make it work?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...